So... Living My Life

So... Living My Life
Washing an elephant in India

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Requiescat In Pace

On July 9, 2010, Rick Reams, my former brother-in-law (ex-husband of my sister, Jackie) and awesome dad of my nephew, Jackson, and niece, Madison, died unexpectedly of an anuerysm at the age of 58. He was retired from the Army and was working at Fort Hood in Texas at the time of his death. He was buried near his hometown of Cape Girardeau, Mo. He spent many years working at Fort Meade in Maryland, and today Ft. Meade held a Memorial Service for Rick. Here are a few photos I took with my cell phone after the Service was over.

Inside the chapel at Ft. Meade.

After the Memorial Service.

My nephew, Jackson, with the flag he was presented with during the Memorial Service.

My niece, Madison, holding the flag that was presented to her
during the Memorial Service for her dad.

Capt. Knight holding one of the framed plaques commemorating
Rick's service in the U.S. Army that were given to Jackson and Madison.
.
Both my nephew, Jackson, and my niece, Madison, each received
a framed plaque memorializing their father's military service to his country.

Capt. Knight talking to Jackson after the Memorial Service.

Jackson and Madison each received several medallions
commemorating their father's service to his country.
-
Ricky K. Reams
1/12/1952 - 7/9/2010
Rest in Peace